Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Fana Fo Fee-YUGuy

So, tell us about yourself.
    I’m a regular guy. I like to read, but don’t really like to write. I rode the bus to work today but will drive home. I didn’t vote for McCain or Obama. I have 4 college degrees but I’m not an academic. I drive an American-made car from a non-American car company. I like Swiss cheese. I pay a bunch of money for TV, but I basically only watch sports.

How did you find CUF?
    I don’t really remember. I have been a regular on CB for awhile and a not-so-frequent lurker on CG. CG never appealed to me much, and although many of the characters here are the same, CUF has a very different feel that has kept me coming back often.

How did you choose your moniker?
    I’m one of the guys and I went to BYU. The way my moniker came together was one of those strokes of purely brilliant creativity that can only be experienced in the confines of the morning shower. Almost like a revelation, I guess.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
    I’m an IT project manager. I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, and it pays the bills. My project clients are on the other side of the world, so I spend some of my evenings in meetings with them.

When I’m not in work or church meetings in the evening, I enjoy answering questions from my 5-year-old, such as “Dad, why did Luke Skywalker have to go to Dagobah?”, “Why did they have to blow up that shield thing on the place with the Ewoks?”, and “Why did Han Solo get frozen?”

How many time zones have you lived in and what is your current time zone?
    Three. Mountain, GMT +8 (China/Hong Kong), and currently Central

What are your sports loyalties?
    1. BYU football and basketball – I live for football season and catch most of the basketball games. I started going to football games when I was about 5. Incidentally, I never attended more games in a season than in 2003, which was BYU’s worst in the last 40 years. Because of that sucktacular experience, you will never see me complain about 10-win seasons, regardless of what other teams may do.

2. Jazz – I remember going to see them at the Salt Palace when Adrian Dantley was the star of the team and they would flash “A.D.” on the old scoreboard.

3. Texas Longhorns – Hook ‘em

4. MLB/NFL – this is where my illegitimate fanhood starts. I never watch baseball anymore unless I’m sitting in Minute Maid Park. I am a fan of the Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees for various reasons, but I don’t have true passion for any of them. I like the NFL and catch night games here and there, but again don’t have passion for any team.

What's your standing in the church?
    I was removed earlier this year from the YM after 4.5 years. I wasn’t too bitter about that until they put me in the EQP, a calling I loathed before I ever had it. I like the fact that I have a lot of friends through the church, but I’m glad they don’t all live on my street.

Do you pee in the sink?
    Yuck! What kind of question is that?

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
    WTF? Can we get back to some normal questions?

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    Google is my friend, and hopefully WUAP shall be my great friend.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    Like I said, I have been hanging around from time to time basically since this board existed. So I’ve seen a lot of the conversations between all of you. Don’t worry—I don’t know things about you unless you’ve made them available in this public forum; I’m not a stalker. This intro is part of my campaign to seem less creepy.

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post

Sweet.

How did you become a Texas fan?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome! Good to have you here. Don't feel like you have to answer Wuap's intrusive questions. I won't hold a non-answer against you.

Comment

So, tell us about yourself.
        I’m a regular guy. I like to read, but don’t really like to write. I rode the bus to work today but will drive home. I didn’t vote for McCain or Obama. I have 4 college degrees but I’m not an academic. I drive an American-made car from a non-American car company. I like Swiss cheese. I pay a bunch of money for TV, but I basically only watch sports.

How did you find CUF?
        I don’t really remember. I have been a regular on CB for awhile and a not-so-frequent lurker on CG. CG never appealed to me much, and although many of the characters here are the same, CUF has a very different feel that has kept me coming back often.

How did you choose your moniker?
        I’m one of the guys and I went to BYU. The way my moniker came together was one of those strokes of purely brilliant creativity that can only be experienced in the confines of the morning shower. Almost like a revelation, I guess.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
        I’m an IT project manager. I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, and it pays the bills. My project clients are on the other side of the world, so I spend some of my evenings in meetings with them.

When I’m not in work or church meetings in the evening, I enjoy answering questions from my 5-year-old, such as “Dad, why did Luke Skywalker have to go to Dagobah?”, “Why did they have to blow up that shield thing on the place with the Ewoks?”, and “Why did Han Solo get frozen?”

How many time zones have you lived in and what is your current time zone?
        Three. Mountain, GMT +8 (China/Hong Kong), and currently Central

What are your sports loyalties?
        1. BYU football and basketball – I live for football season and catch most of the basketball games. I started going to football games when I was about 5. Incidentally, I never attended more games in a season than in 2003, which was BYU’s worst in the last 40 years. Because of that sucktacular experience, you will never see me complain about 10-win seasons, regardless of what other teams may do.

2. Jazz – I remember going to see them at the Salt Palace when Adrian Dantley was the star of the team and they would flash “A.D.” on the old scoreboard.

4. MLB/NFL – this is where my illegitimate fanhood starts. I never watch baseball anymore unless I’m sitting in Minute Maid Park. I am a fan of the Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees for various reasons, but I don’t have true passion for any of them. I like the NFL and catch night games here and there, but again don’t have passion for any team.

What's your standing in the church?
        I was removed earlier this year from the YM after 4.5 years. I wasn’t too bitter about that until they put me in the EQP, a calling I loathed before I ever had it. I like the fact that I have a lot of friends through the church, but I’m glad they don’t all live on my street.

Do you pee in the sink?
        Yuck! What kind of question is that?

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
        WTF? Can we get back to some normal questions?

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
        Google is my friend, and hopefully WUAP shall be my great friend.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
        Like I said, I have been hanging around from time to time basically since this board existed. So I’ve seen a lot of the conversations between all of you. Don’t worry—I don’t know things about you unless you’ve made them available in this public forum; I’m not a stalker. This intro is part of my campaign to seem less creepy.
        Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

You seem like a person I would get along with well. My memory isn't so good anymore and there are a lot of posters whose moniker starts with BYU (). Did we get along well on CB? If not don't hold it against me.

Over there I was liberal. Over here I am conservative.

Comment

Welcome. As an fyi, posting personal information about others is grounds for suspension on CUF. This includes avatars.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Welcome. As an fyi, posting personal information about others is grounds for suspension on CUF. This includes avatars.
            Fortunately, there is no personal information in his avatar.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Fortunately, there is no personal information in his avatar.
              It isn't personal anymore, no thanks to this message board.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking more about the information part than the personal part. I think I know who that is in his avatar, but for lack of information, I don't know for sure.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Sizzle did show us most everything.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    Did we get along well on CB? If not don't hold it against me.
                    Why do you just assume that everyone remembers you?

Comment

Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

You seem like a person I would get along with well. My memory isn't so good anymore and there are a lot of posters whose moniker starts with BYU (). Did we get along well on CB? If not don't hold it against me.

Over there I was liberal. Over here I am conservative.
                      Yet you are the same person. Amazing how environment changes an individuals label.

And Welcome BYUGUY
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Why do you just assume that everyone remembers you?
                        I just have this fear I have offended many people. Perhaps it is also ego. Maybe I am too lazy to write, hey, do you remember me. I think I can also handle a, "no, I don't remember you, who the hell are you?
                        Last edited by byu71; 10-07-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Sweet.

How did you become a Texas fan?
                          They are an easy team to like--they have the most recognizable icon in college sports; they run clean, top-notch programs; just like BYU, they will extend their winning streak over OU this season; and Vince Young was so neat that even the opposing team's cheerleaders celebrated for him when he led them to a national championship. What's not to love?

Oh, and I went to school there.
                          Last edited by TheBYUGuy; 10-07-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Vince Young was so neat that even the opposing team's cheerleaders celebrated for him when he led them to a national championship. What's not to love?
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

I just have this fear I have offended many people. Perhaps it is also ego. Maybe I am too lazy to write, hey, do you remember me. I think I can also handle a, "no, I don't remember you, who the hell are you?
                              It is too bad you can't post pics of your girlfriend on CB, then everyone would remember you.
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X