Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco calls BYU fans dumb?

Not trolling here.

Posted from a MWC site; read his full comments for yourselves, plus there's an audio clip.

"The expectations are high, which means the fans want a good team and understand what is expected at BYU, and the criticism on Max Hall will always be there which is correct.

"However, the fans are not as sophisticated to understand what is going on with on the field play. The normal person can easily criticize. I am not surprised of the level of criticism, but the level of criticism usually matches the level of education."

I am happy with BYU's results under Bronco, but I have felt that is his view of fans since he became HC. I would have hoped he would have been smart enough to not put it into print however.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

I had a good chuckle over that comment. I might print that out and pass it to the fans that only say something during the game when something bad happens.
      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
      —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        I am happy with BYU's results under Bronco, but I have felt that is his view of fans since he became HC. I would have hoped he would have been smart enough to not put it into print however.
        I am posting this here, but not referring to Bronco alone. I have it on good authority from people I know and turst that neither he, Holmoe or President Samuelson are arrogant people in private.

However, at times, when they put on the mantle of BYU, I am reminded of that great line from "The Hunt for Red October".

You arrogant SOB, you have killed us.

Comment

This is something where I agree with Bronco, but at the same time have a criticism of him.

Bronco is right.

He also struggles with the one thing he's yet learned how to do....which extends to the BYU admininstration....and that's the hostility towards the fanbase. BYU treats their fans as if you should be so privileged to be a fan of their teams. They don't have much in the way of gameday tradition, and are resistant (for the most part) in implementing ideas that would make it better.

Bronco has yet learned to take the critical step of embracing the fanbase. Yes..BYU has a large weeny fanbase...but as his job as the Face of the program, that is simply irrelevant, and where he fails miserably.

KWhit had similar problems his first couple years as the HC at Utah....he made a public statement ripping the fanbase after they lost on the road to UCLA after he was criticized for substituting Tommy Grady into the game....he was promptly picked 6 the other way.

Since then he's embraced the fanbase and learned to be more savvy with what he says and how he says it. He and LOTS of other coaches feel the same way Bronco does, but he's learned that in this regard discretion is the better part of valor.

Just my opinion...and Bronco has yet to figure this out.

Comment

BYU fans are dumb. Junkie and I talked about this on the golf course for a minute. It is damn hard being a BYU fan and willingly associating yourself with the stupid sheeite that they spew.

Yes, I am better than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              BYU fans are dumb. Junkie and I talked about this on the golf course for a minute. It is damn hard being a BYU fan and willingly associating yourself with the stupid sheeite that they spew.

Which fans are you talking about. The ones that criticize or the ones that call other fans to repentence. Just curios.

Comment

I naturally get offended and a little torked at these kinds of comments. But then I go to games and listen to the crap people say around me. Fans are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Which fans are you talking about. The ones that criticize or the ones that call other fans to repentence. Just curios.

Who has called anyone to a confessional?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                    This is something where I agree with Bronco, but at the same time have a criticism of him.

Bronco is right.

He also struggles with the one thing he's yet learned how to do....which extends to the BYU admininstration....and that's the hostility towards the fanbase. BYU treats their fans as if you should be so privileged to be a fan of their teams. They don't have much in the way of gameday tradition, and are resistant (for the most part) in implementing ideas that would make it better.

Bronco has yet learned to take the critical step of embracing the fanbase. Yes..BYU has a large weeny fanbase...but as his job as the Face of the program, that is simply irrelevant, and where he fails miserably.

KWhit had similar problems his first couple years as the HC at Utah....he made a public statement ripping the fanbase after they lost on the road to UCLA after he was criticized for substituting Tommy Grady into the game....he was promptly picked 6 the other way.

Since then he's embraced the fanbase and learned to be more savvy with what he says and how he says it. He and LOTS of other coaches feel the same way Bronco does, but he's learned that in this regard discretion is the better part of valor.

Just my opinion...and Bronco has yet to figure this out.
                    Hate to say this to Rocky, but good post.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      I am posting this here, but not referring to Bronco alone. I have it on good authority from people I know and turst that neither he, Holmoe or President Samuelson are arrogant people in private.

However, at times, when they put on the mantle of BYU, I am reminded of that great line from "The Hunt for Red October".

You arrogant SOB, you have killed us.
                      I imagine Bronco is actually a pretty humble person. I also think this is his humble (and probably a bit naive) way of saying, "Shut the fetch up and let me do my fetching job, people!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                        I imagine Bronco is actually a pretty humble person. I also think this is his humble (and probably a bit naive) way of saying, "Shut the fetch up and let me do my fetching job, people!"
                        I believe he would say "Shut your ass and let me do my fetching job, people!"
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Hate to say this to Rocky, but good post.
                          I don't know. Someone is going to have to pay for speaking ill of the Lord's anointed!
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Who has called anyone to a confessional?
                            Maybe I overstated. Personally, I find fans who are extremely, note extremely negative about the team annoying. Those who have criticisms, but are happy overall, I have no problem with.

Fans who constantly harp about other fans and act like 10% of the fan base is everyone but them, bug the heck out of me.

I was just curious who bugs you. Maybe both groups?

Comment

There is a term for people that are better than BYU fans, they are called Ute fans. Welcome aboard!
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X