Yards after catch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yards after catch...

Does anybody know if this stat is kept by the NCAA or if it can be found on the internets anywhere?

The reason I ask is that Max Hall is 7th in the nation in yards per attempt at 9.2. That is particularly impressive if, as I would assume, BYU is one of the worst teams in the country in yards after catch. BYU's receivers rarely break long runs after catching the ball. I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, if BYU were dead last in that stat.

Hall is completing 68% of his passes and the 9.2 ypa shows that he isn't just dink and dunking his way to the high completion percentage. There isn't QB in the country who has a higher completion percentage and a higher ypa than Hall. And he is doing this - I think - without the extra help many other QBs enjoy from their receivers.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Does anybody know if this stat is kept by the NCAA or if it can be found on the internets anywhere?

The reason I ask is that Max Hall is 7th in the nation in yards per attempt at 9.2. That is particularly impressive if, as I would assume, BYU is one of the worst teams in the country in yards after catch. BYU's receivers rarely break long runs after catching the ball. I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, if BYU were dead last in that stat.

Hall is completing 68% of his passes and the 9.2 ypa shows that he isn't just dink and dunking his way to the high completion percentage. There isn't QB in the country who has a higher completion percentage and a higher ypa than Hall. And he is doing this - I think - without the extra help many other QBs enjoy from their receivers.
    Ashworths long reception and Mckays 80 yarder both had some good YAC. Also those bubble screens which we have ran 2 to 3 per game have given him a decent amount of YAC. But other than that you are right, most of our receivers go down immediately after making the reception especially Pitta (which is not a bad thing since he is going over the middle constantly).
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      most of our receivers go down immediately after making the reception especially Pitta (which is not a bad thing since he is going over the middle constantly).
      over the middle or deep down the sideline, catching the ball almost completely laid out. That was a pretty amazing catch on Friday.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

We need Golden Tate.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Does Dennis Pitta get any yards after catch? Don't get me wrong, Pitta is a stud and I am not complaining about him at all. It seems to me that he catches every pass while going to the ground giving him zero chance to get any YAC. His catches always look super cool though.

EDIT: Sorry Junkie. Didn't see your post pointing out the same thing. I will say this on Pitta's though, it seems like he is not be brought down by opponents. It is the way he positions himself to make the catch.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            Does Dennis Pitta get any yards after catch? Don't get me wrong, Pitta is a stud and I am not complaining about him at all. It seems to me that he catches every pass while going to the ground giving him zero chance to get any YAC. His catches always look super cool though.
            I think after that hit he took against AF he is being a lot more careful.
            *Banned*

Comment

YAC is not an official NCAA statistic.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
              X