PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the BYU vs Oklahoma deal is pretty much done.......

cougjunkie
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
That is the good news.

The bad news is we are pulling out of the Arizona State deal to do it.

The non-conference schedule next year will be:

Oklahoma (Dallas, Texas)
@ Tulane
Florida State
Utah State

RockyBalboa
12-17-2008, 02:41 PM
That is the good news.

Oklahoma (Dallas, Texas)
@ Tulane
Florida State
Utah State

Completely pulling out of the deal or are they pushing the deal back a few years?

cougjunkie
12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Completely pulling out of the deal or are they pushing the deal back a few years?

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/

Jay Drews blog doesnt say.

LiveCoug
12-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Pretty cool. Hope we show well.

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Crap. This sucks.

I am going to be at the SC/tOSU game. I didnt care about missing a game against ASU in Phoenix.

If that game becomes the Tulane game, I WILL care about missing a roadie to New Orleans.

RockyBalboa
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Crap. This sucks.

I am going to be at the SC/tOSU game. I didnt care about missing a game against ASU in Phoenix.

If that game becomes the Tulane game, I WILL care about missing a roadie to New Orleans.

I'm kinda bummed cause ASU is my ol' stomping grounds and have friends down there.

However, I've never been to New Orleans or Dallas before so that's a bonus and has me excited to go to a couple of new cities.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
That is the good news.

Oklahoma (Dallas, Texas)
@ Tulane
Florida State
Utah State

Well I think ASU would have been a fun game it didn't make much sense with the schedule if we were adding Oklahoma. This looks like a good schedule, Tulane is a must win obviously.

Babs
12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Crap. This sucks.

What?

If TD's not there I'm not going.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Didn't the Cougar faithful mock Nevada for being to coward to play BYU in Provo last year? Just making sure our pulling out of a game is not a cowardly act like Nevada.

Babs
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
weird that I still haven't heard a peep about this out here.

::shrug::

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 04:32 PM
weird that I still haven't heard a peep about this out here.

::shrug::

That is strange. Utah's success has earned the MWC conference lots of "respect" this year. I would assume that Oklahoma fans are just really nervous about having to play a MWC team. Esp since it is on a neutral field. Boy, I'll tell you what, Oklahoma will enjoy NO advantages on that neutral field, I'm here to tell you.

BlueHair
12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I sincerely hope Oklahoma doesn't score a hundred on us. This is going to be ugly.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I sincerely hope Oklahoma doesn't score a hundred on us. This is going to be ugly.

If Sam Bradford realizes that being #1 pick in the 2009 NFL draft is going to be worth a lot more than #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft, we can hold them under 80. I am confident.

BlueHair
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
If Sam Bradford realizes that being #1 pick in the 2009 NFL draft is going to be worth a lot more than #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft, we can hold them under 80. I am confident.

We can only hope!

Coach McGuirk
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM

As long as I am there to see the action, I don't mind.

ERCougar
12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I am going to be at the SC/tOSU game.
And thus we see DDD's true loyalties...:)

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 05:22 PM
As long as I am there to see the action, I don't mind.

What? Is Fowler meeting BarbaraGordon before the game?

Babs
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Next year will be tough for the Sooners. We won't be hanging even half a hundred on anybody. Sam is almost certainly going pro, and even if he were to stay, his entire line is leaving.

Babs
12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
What? Is Fowler meeting BarbaraGordon before the game?

Forde.

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 05:27 PM
And thus we see DDD's true loyalties...:)

hey! cheap shot!

I have never been to a game at the Shoe so this one will be a good one.

Also, I can't think of a more convenient way to serve YOhio with the court papers. Dayton is pretty close, so I might as well just drive to his house personally and deliver them.

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Next year will be tough for the Sooners. We won't be hanging even half a hundred on anybody. Sam is almost certainly going pro, and even if he were to stay, his entire line is leaving.

Quit complaining. The Y is losing Bryce Mahuika. Try to wrap your head around that one for awhile.

Babs
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Dayton is pretty close, so I might as well just drive to his house personally and deliver them.

You mean Y's not coming to the game, either?? Can this get any more disappointing? Next you're going to tell me Mindful won't show.

Babs
12-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Quit complaining. The Y is losing Bryce Mahuika. Try to wrap your head around that one for awhile.

I've never heard of him but gosh is he hot. I hope he breaks some rules and gets kicked off BYU so Oklahoma can sign him.

SoonerCoug
12-17-2008, 05:31 PM
If BYU wins this game it will be the greatest day of my life.

ERCougar
12-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I've never heard of him but gosh is he hot. I hope he breaks some rules and gets kicked off BYU so Oklahoma can sign him.

Aussie? Is that you?

Greatest dup in history if she pulled that off.

RockyBalboa
12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Didn't the Cougar faithful mock Nevada for being to coward to play BYU in Provo last year? Just making sure our pulling out of a game is not a cowardly act like Nevada.

Bronco said a month ago on his radio show that the PAC-10 teams they have on their future schedule are both trying to get out of their agreements with BYU.

The only 2 they have scheduled are Washington and Arizona State.

Babs
12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
If BYU wins this game it will be the greatest day of my life.

I'm sure SoonerUte will be pleased to hear that.

Surfah
12-17-2008, 07:19 PM
I just asked Gidget if I could go. She said, "Only if you really think they're going to win."

:(

Brian
12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
That is the good news.

Oklahoma (Dallas, Texas)
@ Tulane
Florida State
Utah State

Dear Brother Mendenhall,

Please come up with a different motto for 2009.

Regards,
T. Spencer Monson.

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 07:42 PM

He has broken lots of rules...

1. Don't fumble the ball
2. Stay inbounds
3. Gain positive yardage when you are handed the ball

etc..

ps the SC/tOSU game doesn't conflict with the BYU/OU game if the BYU game is the season opener. I will be in Dallas for sure. We can meet up before the game, and mikewaters and archaea can strategically stand off to the side somewhere and try to see what I look like while you pretend that nothing is going on.

Babs
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
He has broken lots of rules...

1. Don't fumble the ball
2. Stay inbounds
3. Gain positive yardage when you are handed the ball

those aren't the rule violations (http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=NewsLibrary&p_multi=DSNB&d_place=DSNB&p_theme=newslibrary2&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0F9A9D28A9127934&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM) we usually look for when scouting other teams' rejects.

ps the SC/tOSU game doesn't conflict with the BYU/OU game if the BYU game is the season opener. I will be in Dallas for sure. We can meet up before the game, and mikewaters and archaea can strategically stand off to the side somewhere and try to see what I look like while you pretend that nothing is going on.

doh! foiled again!

Babs
12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
I just asked Gidget if I could go. She said, "Only if you really think they're going to win."

:(

I asked Flash if I could go to the bowl game, he said, "only if you take the kids."

:-o

Mormon Red Death
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Crap. This sucks.

That's why I am going on January 2nd

TripletDaddy
12-17-2008, 10:59 PM
That's why I am going on January 2nd

you sound like a real fan of your team. unlike some of the other people on these message boards.

btw, how are Utah's ticket sales going? heh heh.....

MindfulCoug
12-18-2008, 04:32 AM
I asked Flash if I could go to the bowl game, he said, "only if you take the kids."

:-o

Were you supposed to go "without" the kids ???

Babs
12-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Were you supposed to go "without" the kids ???

Well, there are any number of reasons why that's not feasible. But normally I wouldn't take kids to a function where the cost of tickets and cost of travel each exceed five hundred per person; and where the language of those in attendance is likely to make a sailor blush.

RockyBalboa
12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
and where the language of those in attendance is likely to make a sailor blush.

Stop swearing around your kids then, they only repeat what they hear. :p