Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepping a 21-month old for the USU game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping a 21-month old for the USU game...

Me:
    "rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    Goooooooo cou-gars!"

Son:
    "Again!"

Me:
    "rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
    Goooooooo cou-gars!"

Son:
    "Again!"

(ad infinitum)

Hopefully we'll hear a lot of the Cougar Fight Song tomorrow night. That will definitely make my son happy...

I took a 22-month old to the CSU game.

It isn't very fun. They are not ready to sit in one place for a long time at that age.

I hope doesn't normally go to bed early. The 7pm start could cause lots of trouble.

I'm hesitant to take my 5 year-old girl because of the start time.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      I took a 22-month old to the CSU game.

It isn't very fun. They are not ready to sit in one place for a long time at that age.

I hope doesn't normally go to bed early. The 7pm start could cause lots of trouble.

I'm hesitant to take my 5 year-old girl because of the start time.
      Agree with all of this. I took my just turned 2 year old to the CSU game. It sucked. It is also going to be cold tomorrow night.

Good Luck Statman. You will need it.
      Last edited by Hot Lunch; 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Perhaps I am a bad parent, I don't allow my kids to go to football until they are 6 years old, and they go with an understanding that we are staying at least through halftime. HFN Jr. is going Saturday and at 7 he is told that we will not leave early this year.

I will take them to basketball games at 3-4 though, again with the understanding that we stay through halftime.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
          Me:
          "rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          Goooooooo cou-gars!"

Son:
          "Again!"

Me:
          "rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          rah, rah, rah-rah-rah!
          Goooooooo cou-gars!"

Son:
          "Again!"

(ad infinitum)

Hopefully we'll hear a lot of the Cougar Fight Song tomorrow night. That will definitely make my son happy...
          My toddler says again after everything just like that, too. Cute.

Comment

I don't know what is wrong with you people. I first took my son to a BYU B-ball game when he was 1.5 YO. He sat and watched the whole thing intently. I took him to BYU-TCU when he was 2, BYU-Utah when he was 3 (and he sang the fight song with me by that point), and BYU-TCU again when he was 4 (full road trip with just him and me). He's never really had a problem and enjoys being there with me.

I took him (now 5) and the 1-year-old to Tulane 3 weeks ago. Great time for everyone. nikuman took the pictures as proof.

Now when I tell him that "we're watching the BYU game today", he asks if it's the "real one", as opposed to watching it on TV.
            Last edited by TheBYUGuy; 10-01-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I hope so too! Take some pics of the boy at his first game. Are you going to have him decked out in Cougar gear?

I've taken my 4 year old and 18 month old to a few Reds games, but that's easy because nobody is ever there and it's pretty quiet. They always last until the 7th inning because they like the song.

Comment

There is a couple that sits behind my friends that has some problems:

1. They are both really fat.

2. They pass off a kid that is over two as under two.

3. They do not keep their kids on their laps.

These problems lead to the game being a very unpleasant experience for those who sit in front of them. It has become so unpleasant my friend is now complaining to BYU. He nicely asked the couple if they wouldn't mind keeping their kids from hitting and kicking his back but the couple made him out to the bad guy. It was all I could do to hold my tongue.

I think that for most people there comes a time where the kid either stays in your lap (where it's supposed to be) for the entire game or you don't go to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I hope so too! Take some pics of the boy at his first game. Are you going to have him decked out in Cougar gear?

I've taken my 4 year old and 18 month old to a few Reds games, but that's easy because nobody is ever there and it's pretty quiet. They always last until the 7th inning because they like the song.
                  He'll be bundled-up and covered in a toddler's cougar jersey. My wife has warned me that he's going to want to wear his halloween costume - a blue dinosaur that she got him the other day. I told her it was fine as long as there's a BYU jersey as the outer-most layer...

And thanks everyone for your concern about taking a toddler. I didn't try to take him to FSU - too hot. And tomorrow, I have a back-up plan if he's miserable. My nephew and his wife live in Wymount, and she's already volunteered to take him up there until the game is over if he's not happy. But, I'm pretty sure he'll actually have a good time. He loves to watch football on TV. Very different from my other two sons who showed no interest in watching sports on TV until they were teenagers, he's even figured out the game a bit - he'll shout out the loud "Ohhhh!" or "Ooooh!" or "Ouch!" when there's a collision of note.

I'm hoping for a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                    I don't know what is wrong with you people. I first took my son to a BYU B-ball game when he was 1.5 YO. He sat and watched the whole thing intently. I took him to BYU-TCU when he was 2, BYU-Utah when he was 3 (and he sang the fight song with me by that point), and BYU-TCU again when he was 4 (full road trip with just him and me). He's never really had a problem and enjoys being there with me.

I took him (now 5) and the 1-year-old to Tulane 3 weeks ago. Great time for everyone. nikuman took the pictures as proof.

Now when I tell him that "we're watching the BYU game today", he asks if it's the "real one", as opposed to watching it on TV.
                    your son must have no arms, no legs and is fed valium for breakfast.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

You kid is better than mine then.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

If I bring my kids to the games I have to bring about $100 in order to keep them happy with food and souvenirs. It's worth it to me though to ingrain them with a love for BYU at a very young age.
                        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

He'll be bundled-up and covered in a toddler's cougar jersey. My wife has warned me that he's going to want to wear his halloween costume - a blue dinosaur that she got him the other day. I told her it was fine as long as there's a BYU jersey as the outer-most layer...

And thanks everyone for your concern about taking a toddler. I didn't try to take him to FSU - too hot. And tomorrow, I have a back-up plan if he's miserable. My nephew and his wife live in Wymount, and she's already volunteered to take him up there until the game is over if he's not happy. But, I'm pretty sure he'll actually have a good time. He loves to watch football on TV. Very different from my other two sons who showed no interest in watching sports on TV until they were teenagers, he's even figured out the game a bit - he'll shout out the loud "Ohhhh!" or "Ooooh!" or "Ouch!" when there's a collision of note.

I'm hoping for a good time...
                          I have a two year old and a newborn. Both went to FSU and both went to CSU. The two year old will probably stay with my sister tomorrow because of the late start time. I also took him to every home hoops game last year and the year before. He can sing the entire chorus of the Fight Song and loves it when the players "crash" (by which I assum he means tackle) each other.

Comment

We're a true blue BYU family and I go to all the home FB and BB games. By trial and error, I have come up with these guidelines: no FB until you're about 6. BB is OK starting 2-3 but only a couple games a year when it's a sparse crowd where it's easy to spread out. Age 6 and above for serious BB games.

Comment

My brother watched the FSU game with his 2 year old boys. He said that for about a week after the game, one of them kept saying "dang it! dang it!" over and over.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                              X