matangi tonga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matangi tonga

I guess he has a year of eligibility left, any chance byu goes after him?

ha.. no way.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

A year of probation left?
      *Banned*

Comment

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87...=1&nid=4573578

Looks like he will end up somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87...=1&nid=4573578

Looks like he will end up somewhere
          Weird how things dont work out for you when you break in to college dorms and steal thousands of dollars worth of merchandise.
          *Banned*

Comment

Matangi is visiting SC today and will spend two days on campus and around town. Allegedly he has already been offered by SC as a hopeful semi-replacement for Everson Griffen. Tonga's current coach at San Mateo said that Matangi has been pre-admitted to SC.

He will also visit ASU and Kal. Already went to Washington and Houston.

But looking more and more like he will wind up at SC.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Matangi is visiting SC today and will spend two days on campus and around town. Allegedly he has already been offered by SC as a hopeful semi-replacement for Everson Griffen. Tonga's current coach at San Mateo said that Matangi has been pre-admitted to SC.

Speaks volumes. (I have no idea what that means.)

Comment

Matangi is very talented. He has 1 year to play 1, I am surprised SC is going after him, Uncle Pete must be worried about the defense for next year.

Tell all of the SC players to keep their xboxes locked up.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Matangi is very talented. He has 1 year to play 1, I am surprised SC is going after him, Uncle Pete must be worried about the defense for next year.

I think this is exactly the problem. Next season SC will likely have another year similar to this year and they are weak on the line. My guess is that there is a need to fill some holes, as evidenced by games against Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona.

It really is a low risk, high reward......if he doesn't pan out, he is gone next season anyway.

I am just not sure this is the kind of guy SC needs to be bringing in right now, esp with all the periphery on campus....basketball sanctions, Reggie, Joe, etc.

That being said, Matangi had a nice freshman year and he has been doing well at San Mateo, so who knows. Maybe he comes in and contributes right away.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Ben Allison, a former Ute player was kicked of the team for stealing from his teammates lockers.

Two years later, he was accepted back on the team (with a different last name, Ben Moa), and had a pretty good year, including one play that will go down in Ute lore.

I didn't really have a point in bringing this up, other than your comments reminded me of some similar thoughts I had when I heard he was back on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                      Ben Allison, a former Ute player was kicked of the team for stealing from his teammates lockers.

Two years later, he was accepted back on the team (with a different last name, Ben Moa), and had a pretty good year, including one play that will go down in Ute lore.

I didn't really have a point in bringing this up, other than your comments reminded me of some similar thoughts I had when I heard he was back on the team.
                      Maybe Matangi should re-brand himself by changing his last name to Moa or Ochocinco.

Comment

I am not saying the Y should go after him, but once a guy has done something wrong do you think he should be labeled the rest of his life.

That isn't the Christlike attitude I expect from my fellow Cougar fans.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          I am not saying the Y should go after him, but once a guy has done something wrong do you think he should be labeled the rest of his life.

That isn't the Christlike attitude I expect from my fellow Cougar fans.
                          Good point.

I've lifted all your labels. Some were more difficult to remove that others.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Allegedly he has already been offered by SC as a hopeful semi-replacement for Everson Griffen. Tonga's current coach at San Mateo said that Matangi has been pre-admitted to SC.
                            If Petey wants a player, is there any way that player wouldn't be "pre-admitted" to SC?
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X