No announcement yet.

BYU falls in the coaches poll..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU falls in the coaches poll..........

from 20 to 21.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
    *Banned*

and in the AP poll.
    *Banned*

Comment

The loss to FSU still wreaking havoc, it seems.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        The loss to FSU still wreaking havoc, it seems.
        Well their loss to South Florida didn't help. Also with Miami losing they really don't look as strong as they did last week.

The way the team has played the last two weeks, 20 seems about right IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Well their loss to South Florida didn't help. Also with Miami losing they really don't look as strong as they did last week.
          Exactly why I said that. If FSU blows SF out, and Miami beats VaTech, I'm betting BYU wouldn't have dropped.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

If BYU had dropped to 17 instead of 20 last week, they'd get bumped up to 13 or 14 with Cal, Ole Miss, and Miami losing.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Espn.com has omitted Oregon at 16. I was wondering how they weren't ranked and why there were only 24 teams in the AP poll.

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                Espn.com has omitted Oregon at 16. I was wondering how they weren't ranked and why there were only 24 teams in the AP poll.
                Yeah, that really threw me off that UCLA and Wisconsin were getting votes and Oregon wasn't.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

They are onto us. We aren't better that 15 right now and 20 is about right. The FSU loss may be the worst in history, all things considered.

Comment

Interesting that the Iowa team that really should have lost to Northern Iowa is now ranked 13th in the AP Poll.

If Houston and Boise State both run the table, I think Houston might have the better argument for going to the BCS game, but Boise will get the nod based on their accomplishments of past seasons. I guess Boise's win over Oregon is looking better these days, too.

Comment

20 is about right for BYU.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        20 is about right for BYU.
                        I agree. My only beef though is guys that weren't ranked jumping so high.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the ESPN Fan Rankings, Boise was #1 about 30 minutes ago, presently they are #4, which is still higher than both polls. Amazing what exposure like having every other game on ESPN will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                            If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the ESPN Fan Rankings, Boise was #1 about 30 minutes ago, presently they are #4, which is still higher than both polls. Amazing what exposure like having every other game on ESPN will do.
                            Conversely, BYU could be out of the polls entirely had people watched the FSU and CSU games.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how BSU handles the curse of #5.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X