X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 thread

The three non-Utah games I'm most interested in:

-Miami at Virginia Tech
    We get to find out how good Jacory Harris and Ryan Williams are. We also get to see if the Hokies can tighten up their run defense.

-TCU at Clemson
    This game means a lot for the reputation of the MWC. A win here, and TCU is pretty well set until October 24th when they visit Provo. This also keeps a MWC team in the top 15, and if the losses keep piling up for highly-ranked teams, they may move into the top 10. A loss makes the MWC a national afterthought and provides fodder for the MWC skeptics.

-Texas Tech at Houston
    Chase Keenum and Taylor Potts could combine for 100 passes. Houston has a legit shot at a BCS bowl run with a win here. It will be a lot of fun.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

I'm attending my first Utah home game in four years. They're 9-2 in the games I've attended since, all of which were away.

Comment

I think if we destroy CSU like we should tomorrow, we will be comfortably in the top 15 by the time TCU rolls around.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        The three non-Utah games I'm most interested in:

-Miami at Virginia Tech
        We get to find out how good Jacory Harris and Ryan Williams are. We also get to see if the Hokies can tighten up their run defense.

-TCU at Clemson
        This game means a lot for the reputation of the MWC. A win here, and TCU is pretty well set until October 24th when they visit Provo. This also keeps a MWC team in the top 15, and if the losses keep piling up for highly-ranked teams, they may move into the top 10. A loss makes the MWC a national afterthought and provides fodder for the MWC skeptics.

-Texas Tech at Houston
        Chase Keenum and Taylor Potts could combine for 100 passes. Houston has a legit shot at a BCS bowl run with a win here. It will be a lot of fun.
        GO ARMY BEAT IOWA STATE!
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Indiana just got royally screwed; should have been ruled simultaneous possession.

Comment

Why is the Utah market getting the OSU vs Illinois game, instead of a top 15 match up?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
              Indiana just got royally screwed; should have been ruled simultaneous possession.
              Even through my maize and blue goggles that was a very bad call and a bad way to end an exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Why is the Utah market getting the OSU vs Illinois game, instead of a top 15 match up?
                I get tired of watching the regional games here too. I could care less about the ACC. Fortunately I have ESPN360 which is awesome. I keep flipping between games. Miss St looks to be pulling off the upset!
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  ABC had first pick of Miami/VT and OSU/UI, with the other going to ESPN. ABC chose Miami/VT, however the Utah affiliates are showing "regional coverage" of Cal/Oregon instead.

Comment

Wow. LSU goal line stand less that 6" out. Stupid play action call on 3rd down and a horrible QB sneak on 4th. Bad play calling. You can't get 4"? Spread the field and sneak it in.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Wow. LSU goal line stand less that 6" out. Stupid play action call on 3rd down and a horrible QB sneak on 4th. Bad play calling. You can't get 4"? Spread the field and sneak it in.
                      Saw that on ESPN 360. MSU got the ball on the 50, ran 5 times for 48 yards for 1st and goal on the 2, and couldn't punch it in. LSU survives by 6.

For a moment there it looked like Boise State was about to move up to #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                        Saw that on ESPN 360. MSU got the ball on the 50, ran 5 times for 48 yards for 1st and goal on the 2, and couldn't punch it in. LSU survives by 6.

For a moment there it looked like Boise State was about to move up to #6.
                        Still have a chance. The QB made a bad read on that. He could have pitched out and walked into the end zone.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

MSU throws two passes underneath for short when you have to go 70 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts. WTF?
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Va Tech taking it to Miami early.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's what we've learned this month:

South Florida > Florida State > BYU > Oklahoma > Tulsa > New Mexico

BYU should defeat New Mexico

Comment

Working...
                              X